Adding Curb Appeal
When your lawn is landscaped and well maintained, your front entrance is inviting, and your home looks fresh, that is curb appeal. If you’re beginning to prepare your home for warm weather, or even getting it ready to sell, here are a few ways you can improve your homes curb appeal on your own.
Landscaping is a great way to add curb appeal, but keep in mind it is possible to have too much landscaping. Be sure to do the following this spring:
- Remove shrubs / bushes that obscure the front of your home
- If you’re planning on selling your home, potential buyers need to be able to see the front of the house clearly from the street.
- Remove problem trees
- Trees that overhang your home can potentially damage your roof. Remember trees planted too close to your home can damage its foundation, potential buyers will notice these details.
- Remove personalized décor
- If you’re selling this spring, remove lawn decorations like statues or other lawn ornaments, buyers will want to envision what the yard will look like once they’ve incorporated their own style.
Fix Up Your Drive Way
Poorly maintained driveways reflect negatively on your entire home. Here are a few ways to freshen up your homes concrete areas:
- Power-wash and stain driveway and walkways
- Update your porch or patio with deck tiles
- Remove and replace a badly damaged driveway
Update Your Front Door
Your front door can be an instant eye catcher, adding to your homes curb appeal. There DIY ideas will help you create an inviting entry way to your home:
- Apply a fresh coat of paint
- Create a frame around your door
- Install a new door
Update Your Lighting
Well-lit exterior lighting can improve your homes curb appeal as well as provide a cozy and inviting image of your home. Here’s a few DIY lighting tips:
- Add sconces or lanterns around your front door
- These are available in a variety of styles, you can find one that matches the overall look of your home very easily.
- Place lampposts at the end of your driveway
- If you decide on a solar-powered lamppost, you won’t need to hire an electrician for this project.
- Add bistro lights
- Some simple bistro lights can create a charming atmosphere for any patio or large porch. Just don’t go overboard, too many lights can look chaotic.
If you’re doing a little more home improvement than just these simple DIY projects and need a dumpster rental, look no further than the experts at Waste Solutions 123! Call us today for a free quote, our project managers will answer any questions you may have and send your dumpster out promptly with no hassle!